Saturday, October 10, 2009

A segment of my thoughts

At the risk of sounding extremely geeky, I feel the only academic subject which I could fall for would be mathematics. But still, even as I am saying this, I cannot reconcile with the possibility of being a mathematician. As much as I like the subject, I do not think I have the sufficient aptitude to excel in the subject. The genius minds and their notoriously undiscernable theorems still evade me. The Giants are so far away for me to climb onto their shoulders.
But on the bright side of it, what I gathered from my meager experience, is the fact that the appreciation of the intellectual richness inherent in the subject and the ability to effectively master and utilize it are symbiotic and grow together. This gives me the hope the there might come a time where my mind might feel at home with what is now an intimidating field. Or perhaps, I might realize that the latter is an insignificant factor.

1 comment:

Sash! said...

adentraa ... neekem takkuva ra baabu ...

anyway .. engineers need math as just a medium to achieve their ends ... not to prove theorems ...

so chimpeyi !!!